As it’s almost coming to a close, and I am sure I won’t be the only person that takes this meme from Rondastarr I figured I would try my best to fill it in with honest answers.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Got a ‘D’ on a piece of homework, and this is something I hope to never do again.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I managed to keep one, and just added the rest on to next year (as always)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A work colleague/friend had a baby girl. Our office is like a breeding ground really, think that 12 people in a 130 strong office are out on maternity leave.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, very happily I say this.
5. What countries did you visit?
None at all, a very unexciting year to be sure.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Sex. Quite simply just that one thing.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why
Nothing exciting happened all year. No date sticks out as one that I should remember for any particular reason.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I passed the first year of my degree and took one step closer to the goal that I only realised I want more than anything.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not daring to take more steps to get out of the house I live in.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had gastroenteritis and revisited my past acquaintence with migraines…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Books, and DVDs, and a snazzy new cellphone
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mostly loans (the same as every year really)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Exam results (before they came of course)
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
“Part of your world” (was singing that for weeks before the Little Mermaid finally came out on DVD – sad huh!?)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder – Neither
Older or wiser – Both
Thinner or fatter – Fatter (diet, yet another thing on my resolution list every year that gets discarded)
Richer or poorer – Poorer (much much poorer)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting in my room
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family, looking at the clock, drinking rum and wondering when I can go home to the quiet.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI: Las Vegas
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Unless you count work as a someone?
26. What was the best book you read?
Frankenstein (yes, aware it’s a very old book, but I only read it properly for the first time this year and loved it)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Snow Patrol (if only for the song “Chasing Cars”)
28. What did you want and get?
A pass on my coursework for politics and religion for my English Lit Year 1 course.
29. What did you want and not get?
Sex…I may as well be a nun.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Stranger than Fiction (I didn’t go to the cinema as often this year as last so my film wealth is pretty poor).
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
32, I took my sister’s children out to see “Chicken Little” and for lunch, and then I came back and went to a friend’s for games and drink (had over half a bottle of vodka) and food (which I made).
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A decent payrise, being told my work in the office was appreciated. Losing weight as if by magic…oh, only one thing? Really? In that case it would have to be losing weight…
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Fashion concept? Baggy tops, baggy trousers, comfy clothes
34. What kept you sane?
Medication and regular visits to my psychiatrist.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Are we meant to admire them? Sometimes I can look and appreciate a handsome face, but normally I am realistic and know that they know how good they look and are in reality completely driven by ego.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Too many. Can’t wait for Blair to get his comeuppance and lose the next elections.
37. Who did you miss?
My old self
38. Who was the best new person you met?
There have been many, but what about people we know? I have great friends online, some I have met, some I haven’t, but all of them are dear to me.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
If you act like you know what you are talking about people tend to listen (sure, if they are your boss they ignore you, but they still listen).
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Here’s where I fall down, I have no idea at all!